TamLChannel.com
TamLChannel Forum • View topic - IB3 - Tips & Tricks Compilation

It is currently Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:57 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2016 10:44 pm 
Site Admin

Cpl_Hicks wrote:
Here's a good tip for beginners that wish to save 5200 chips on pretty awesome gear. The following gear items are not available through ATs or at the store or merchant. You may only obtain them by purchasing the maps (5200 chips) that lead to their locations...
"No Mercy"
Isa's dual solar trans
Siris's heavy solar trans...

or by enlisting one of your friends (or someone here on the forum) to upload them to the server for you. Notice I did not buy the maps in the pics above.
Choose the "Customize" menu...
Then the "Friends" sub-menu (symbol with three standing warriors) will list your friends. Click on the "friend" that has uploaded gear to the server for you. If this is your second play through, and have not erased older character slots, you may upload older character gear and purchase it (at 25% discount) by choosing the "Selfie" friend at the top...

Rings are not available for purchase from friends. However, they may be dropped by Titans in battle (especially if you equip a high Titan Level + gem) or the merchant may sell them to you.

"Paga Circle"
"Turquoise Band"

Plus, all Deathless Mode (except rings), Ryth and most Collector gear is available at a 25% discount from friends or selfie.

Cheers!

Good tips! Helpful for new players

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2016 12:21 pm 

TamL made a video last summer (well, for those in northern latitudes) about her choices for the Top Five Maps for beginners in IB3. Two of these maps include maps for obtaining powerful combat gems.

Understandably, in first place is the Obscure Map (1500 chips) that leads to a second map that tells the location of the coveted darkfire gem. Agreed. DF gems should be top priority for new players.

For the second gem mentioned in her video, the Rare Attack Stat gem, the Warriors Map is of essence. It costs 900 chips but totally worth it because gathering the ingredients to build one of these gems is a hit and miss process.

I started a new character and after fusing more than 20 capped (and zero Indoor/Outdoor) Attack stat gems, I caved and purchased the map...

This gem does its damage regardless of Titan spectrum defense. The Rare Attack Stat gem is upgradable to +25750 in increments of +100. (See the first post of this thread for info on upgrading gems.)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2016 2:18 pm 
Site Admin

Cpl_Hicks wrote:
TamL made a video last summer (well, for those in northern latitudes) about her choices for the Top Five Maps for beginners in IB3. Two of these maps include maps for obtaining powerful combat gems.

Understandably, in first place is the Obscure Map (1500 chips) that leads to a second map that tells the location of the coveted darkfire gem. Agreed. DF gems should be top priority for new players.

For the second gem mentioned in her video, the Rare Attack Stat gem, the Warriors Map is of essence. It costs 900 chips but totally worth it because gathering the ingredients to build one of these gems is a hit and miss process.

I started a new character and after fusing more than 20 capped (and zero Indoor/Outdoor) Attack stat gems, I caved and purchased the map...

This gem does its damage regardless of Titan spectrum defense. The Rare Attack Stat gem is upgradable to +25750 in increments of +100. (See the first post of this thread for info on upgrading gems.)

Yes for a new player both those gems are invaluable, also Siris' heavy solar trans. My new game really took off once I'd got those 3 items. THe maps video is here - https://youtu.be/Axgs-LKgEIE?list=PLFxH ... YD30fUFbZB and my strategy guide which also mentions these 3 items is here - https://youtu.be/2oKidkj98rE?list=PLFxH ... YD30fUFbZB

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 4:18 pm 

Sometimes it pays to die in DM and return to recover your loot...
Most chips in DM so far!

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 11:17 pm 

Cpl_Hicks wrote:
Sometimes it pays to die in DM and return to recover your loot...
Most chips in DM so far!

Double dipping is nice. The interlude against Ausar gives the best yield.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2016 3:16 am 

Tip of the month (for newbies):

Back up your rare stat gems. You never know when you might accidentally sell one and you have to start collecting and fusing all over.

My rare stat gems:

My backup rares:

Also, do like TamL and back up your device often so your progress is preserved.