TamLChannel.com
TamLChannel Forum • View topic - IB3 - Tips & Tricks Compilation

It is currently Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:00 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
  Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 7:36 am 

anbos wrote:
Absolute great job 8-)

Thanks Anbos!

I just now completed the first section of the Original Post (OP = first 5 posts). Phew! The clean-up (with a touch of OCD, lol) and rendering into BBCoded lists is time-consuming, but will pay off in the long run if viewers find the information more easily navigable and aesthetically pleasing.

I want to add spoilers with screenshots procured from the members here. The enormous popularity TamL has on her videos is partly due to the stunning visual aspect of her recordings—and let's not forget that amazing sultry voice—, so a pictorial enhancement to this guide would not be unwarranted. ;) But I'll make a poll to be sure the membership would welcome such a change.

Last edited by Cpl_Hicks on Tue Jul 28, 2015 12:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 10:15 am 
Site Admin

Cpl_Hicks wrote:
anbos wrote:
Absolute great job 8-)

Thanks Anbos!

I just now completed the first section of the Original Post (OP = first 5 posts). Phew! The clean-up (with a touch of OCD, lol) and rendering into BBCoded lists is time-consuming, but will pay off in the long run if viewers find the information more easily navigable and aesthetically pleasing.

I want to add spoilers with screenshots procured from the members here. The enormous popularity TamL has on her videos is partly due to the stunning visual aspect of her recordings—and let's not forget that amazing sultry voice—, so a pictorial enhancement to this guide would not be unwarranted. ;) But I'll make a poll to be sure the membership would welcome such a change.

Sounds like a great idea! :D

Last edited by TamL on Tue Jul 28, 2015 12:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 4:45 pm 

TamL wrote:
Sounds like a great idea! :D

Thanks TamL! Also, glad to know you like this project. It's a labor of love, no doubt. Nothing pleased me more, over at EGF, than to pass on useful tips to the readers (don't forget about the lurkers, heh-heh!) and even out the field, so to speak.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2015 12:23 pm 
Site Admin

I love the color co-ordinated gem info! :D You've already done enough work on this thread Cpl_Hicks, it's monumental! 8-) I reckon we could add a link to epic games tips thread for the rest, there's more than enough info on here. You can get back to chillin in the GQ sanctuary ;)

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2015 1:17 pm 

Thanks TamL! While I appreciate the vote of confidence, I couldn't leave this precious work undone. Plus, I believe the newbies of the future will appreciate having these resources available to them, no matter which forum they chose to hang out at. :D

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2015 10:04 pm 
Site Admin

Cpl_Hicks wrote:
Thanks TamL! While I appreciate the vote of confidence, I couldn't leave this precious work undone. Plus, I believe the newbies of the future will appreciate having these resources available to them, no matter which forum they chose to hang out at. :D

That's for sure, and experienced players too. There's always something new to discover about IB. Well I certainly appreciate what you've done so far and whatever else you add to the thread

Chillin in the GQ Castle

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2015 4:10 am 

TamL wrote:
That's for sure, and experienced players too. There's always something new to discover about IB. Well I certainly appreciate what you've done so far and whatever else you add to the thread

I just took a look at the OP with Tapatalk and it looked terrible. You lose all the applied aesthetics. Hopefully people will turn to a web browser to get the info instead.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2015 5:17 am 

At least you can still read it in Tapatalk. The tables in my equipment thread turn into jumbled messes.

The colors do look quite nice. If you want, you might find even more accurate colors here:http://www.freewebs.com/pinkpuppet/bbcodecolorchart.htm
That page has been a massive help to me.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2015 12:04 pm 

Glamdring804 wrote:
At least you can still read it in Tapatalk. The tables in my equipment thread turn into jumbled messes.

The colors do look quite nice. If you want, you might find even more accurate colors here:http://www.freewebs.com/pinkpuppet/bbcodecolorchart.htm
That page has been a massive help to me.

Nice find, Glamdring. Didn't know this was available. Excellent resource. Thanks!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2015 6:04 pm 

Just FYI, the OP* of this thread is complete. (Can I get a hallelujah? :roll: )

I'll be contacting Seplotnick, over at EGF, to see if he has any new suggestions for his timeless creation. In the meantime, please point out any errors (typos or content; but especially content-wise) you find and I will correct them for you. Thanks in advance.

*OP = first few posts of a thread, which generally contain a distillation of players' knowledge and serves as a reference.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next