TamLChannel.com
TamLChannel Forum • View topic - Technical Issues

It is currently Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:53 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 168 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
  Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Re: Technical Issues
PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 11:37 pm 

CEJ777 wrote:
THX1138 wrote:
indeed, quite interesting to know.
about how many wheels have you spin ? 100? 1000?
I mean, I may have spun, over those 3+ years I'm playing, about a few dozens (if that much) wheels, more like 20 then 100.
so it could just be the case that my sample was too small.

OR it's just some 'game mechanics' kicking in.
Like, long ago, i was collecting elemental gems to forge a rare one of each kind. there was one kind (shock I think) which took ages for me to get the needed ones so I could forge a capped outdoor one and then, finally, a rare one. after I got the 'last piece', for a while, I got loads of 'shock gems'....

same is happening now with magic stat gems. they used to be quite rare (more rare than attack stat gems). Now that I got two capped rare gems, I'm also getting lots of them now...

They have quite a sense of humor of kinds.

Yes, I found it very interesting as well. I certainly was not expecting either GPA or BC-1 gems ever to come up in the wheels, I previously thought they could only be fused, dropped or bought from the ship. Yes, I think your sample was just too small; I spun several hundreds of wheels so the sample was much larger.

Yes, I can't rule out game mechanics either, that's very possible and was one of the explanations that had crossed my mind. Perhaps it was because I hadn't acquired the first DarkFire gem yet when I spun all those wheels. I think I might have had different results (fewer capped elemental gems) if I had first acquired the DarkFire gem.

Also, I think it's possible that gem wheel results also depend on your Awakening count as well, in the same way that higher awakenings get you better gem drops from titans/chests. Perhaps your awakening levels were too high to get a good amount of gems you wanted and instead you were getting higher value gems (like combat triangles)?

Oh, a few hundreds of time, means, unless you got a mother load compensation, it's still not (in my view) really a reasonable approach.
for instance, for me, now, only elemental, attack stat and TLVL+500 (or hex) gems really matters.
and, if the probability is something alike 20% to get those, they became quite expensive that way.

anyway, by gaming mechanics I meant also that, maybe, you got that many good gems, because you spun a lot of wheels in sequence.
Long ago, when I was still trying to forge lots of BC-1 gems, there was 'waves', sometimes nothing would help, other times I would get 4 out of 5 tries.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 12:46 am 

THX1138 wrote:
Oh, a few hundreds of time, means, unless you got a mother load compensation, it's still not (in my view) really a reasonable approach.
for instance, for me, now, only elemental, attack stat and TLVL+500 (or hex) gems really matters.
and, if the probability is something alike 20% to get those, they became quite expensive that way.

anyway, by gaming mechanics I meant also that, maybe, you got that many good gems, because you spun a lot of wheels in sequence.
Long ago, when I was still trying to forge lots of BC-1 gems, there was 'waves', sometimes nothing would help, other times I would get 4 out of 5 tries.

Reasonable approach? The most valuable investment here is time. I've invested A LOT of time since October/November to get my characters to the level I had and to collect and fuse the gems to the level of my old save. Then one day this progress just gets completely wiped due to no fault of mine. All this time I've invested lost. So why should I again invest so much time to rebuild my character/gems, knowing that the problem could just happen again and again and again? Sure, the character can be rebuilt again and again and again but it's only my time I'm then wasting.

The point of the exercise was not to be "reasonable" but to save that time in rebuilding the character and gems because that's the only thing that matters. The quickest way of doing so is spinning gem wheels. The point was also to see whether Chair's claim that their venues of compensation allow the players to regain their previous progress is true. And it isn't, at least in my case. Far from it. The only way I could restore the previous progress with the compensation they provided is by investing considerable amount of time, again. This defeats the purpose of any compensation because technically I could regain that progress just by investing time, without any compensation. Why provide any at all if it doesn't actually achieve it's aim? Why would I want to play now, knowing that when the same issue happens again Chair will not be providing adequate means of restoring that progress and it will mean loss of time invested again?

Yes, for you, those are the only gems that matter NOW. For me, I had NO GEMS. I had to get ALL the gems back - TB+2, combat, gold, weapon specific, etc. So the usefulness of the gems wheels is much greater as almost every gem is either what I need or can be used to fuse gems I need. If Chair had restored my old save with all the gems I had intact then I would have agreed that spinning gems wheels is wasteful as I already would have all the gems I need and would only need elemental, stat and Titan LVL gems. When you have no gems at all then they all are valuable.

Yes, I've noticed those waves, I'm fairly sure they were part of the game in IB2 as well. As always, your feedback and comments are much appreciated.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 1:47 am 

As you wish.
but, as I said from the beginning: this is a personal choice. Including the matter that it can make sense in case of a mother load compensation, and the kind of lost. but if you have to fight for those chips, not really (in my opinion again, others may think otherwise).

Look, in the old forum I was a follower of the "code of honor" (started by crehater).
self understandable in that code was that 's**t happens'.

Like the mother of all compensations that I, personally, have received (for quite a string of unsolved game problems) : I had at the time some 60K chips, and ended up with 1.9 billion chips. at the time I pledge to never go below the 1,899,900,000 chips mark (effectively shrinking my compensation to about 40K chips). well, I rarely have gone below the 1.9billion mark. that was and is my personal choice (I could have blasted away). I keep all those chips as a trophy, of kinds.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:28 am 

Of course it is a personal choice. And I shouldn't have to fight for any chips, it shouldn't have happened in the first place.

Not sure why you are mentioning code of honour here, are you suggesting there is something untoward in my actions? That I'm acting dishonourably if I refuse to start from scratch every time Chair mess up my save? If this is only to bring up the point that s**t happens then perhaps you should see again the exceptions mentioned right underneath that "s**t happens" quote.

Yes, to not spend your compensation is your personal choice (I probably would have done the same if the compensation awarded had exceeded my expectations as it wouldn't have felt right to spend it but, as it is, it wasn't sufficient. You did ask for compensation initially so I have to assume you were planning on using it as otherwise why request it in first place) but I fail to see what does it have to do with honour here. All I want to be able to do is continue to play with the progress I have earned and worked hard for. If I can't play safe in the knowledge that my progress can be restored if something goes haywire this doesn't fill me with much confidence or instill any dedication.

Anyway, it's not my intention to waffle on about this issue, I just wanted to give an update if anyone was interested.

Thank you, THX, for your previous help and advice with the save and its (unfortunately failed) recovery and for passing info on to Brad to speed up any process. It's not your job to do so but you volunteered your help anyway, so I appreciated it very much. Thanks again.

Post subject: Technical Issues
PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 11:02 am 

Sorry for the misunderstanding.

The reason I mentioned the code was just to try to explain why i wrote what I wrote (that, "I would" do differently), nothing more.
Obviously i wrote it in a disastrous way. And I'm sorry for that.

See, the code, as written by crehater is a pain in the a**, and there is no real honor in following (or not) it. As crehater once wrote, the code was/is for masochists.
I mentioned it just, maybe, you could understand why I previously wrote that "as I saw it", "the way I play it", "I would do it differently".

Just that.

It wasn't meant as a judgment for what you (or anyone else) would/should/must play, or otherwise. In my view no one has the right to tell the others how to play, whatever (although everyone has the right to express his/her opinion of how to handle things...)

Again, this is what I meant by "personal".

I chose, long ago, for "fun", to play that way (maybe I shouldn't). Everyone else is obviously free to play as it pleases. Nothing wrong in a way or another.
Just personal taste.

I'm sure there are lots that think I'm a fool for not using those chips (maybe i am), as there are sure others that think I'm a cheater ("it is impossible, without cheating, to have as many chips").

Maybe part of the problem is that, in the old forum (which I referenced) it was well known that the name "the code of honor" was the name of "the code" created by crehater, nothing really to do with honor per se... Just a code which was named as being "the code of honor". The kind of thing "I know for so long" that I don't think about.

So sorry if I sound rude, or dismissive. It wasn't my intention.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 9:52 pm 
Site Admin

A heads up if you're using iPad Air (first generation) with iOS 10.3.1 and the latest OS X 10.12.4 on a mac, the restore backup from iTunes no longer works....

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 3:22 am 

Just spent a month trying to get my previous progress back. Another bug just wiped 700K credits and 40K Chips from my account. I guess that's an answer to my previous question of why bother investing time and effort into restoring a progress wiped by a bug/corrupt save if it can just happen again. It just did. I wonder how many other players in the past had stopped playing the game due to these issues. Just a warning for anyone considering to invest any serious amount of time or effort into this.

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 8:35 am 

Man,
I can't imagine your pain ...
Loosing the game slot is already painful enough !
Twice?! Forget it !

I have, though, two questions:
1) was "cloud save" active ?
2) internet connection ? Was it stable at the "time" ?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 168 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17