TamLChannel.com
TamLChannel Forum • View topic - Gems

It is currently Wed Dec 13, 2017 5:41 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 500 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 50  Next
  Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Gems
PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 1:47 pm 
Site Admin

Post your gem finds and queries here

Check out this link for Gem Help videos!

Last edited by TamL on Tue Jul 28, 2015 12:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Gems
PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 2:59 am 

TamL its worthless to upgrade rare elemental gems?I preffered to upgrade the rare darkfire gem!!

Also just wondering if i forge the rare fire,rare ice and rare water what is the result??A rare spectrum gem??(ib2) :)

Last edited by thrilos01 on Tue Jul 28, 2015 12:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 8:56 am 

The Darkfire gem is wonderfully useful against bosses & elemental titans (especially, now that the Nullify spell has been nerfed). There are only a very few situations where a Darkfire gem is wasted. However, this is no reason to get rid of your rare element gems.

Rare elemental gems are cheaper & easier to create than Darkfire gems; and damage stacks. A Fire (400, Capped) + Ice (400, Capped) + Water (400, Capped) will do more damage than a single Darkfire (1000); but they are much easier to manufacture. Upgraded to 500+ (Rare), 3 elemental gems remain cheaper than any comparable Darkfire gem.

Where your opponent is vulnerable, elemental damage is much cheaper than boosting raw Attack. AND, never forget the "Resist Normal Damage" Titan. A handfull of elemental gems is a great way to bring them down.

Fill all your gem slots. Especially after you get "Free Gem Removal," an empty gem slot is wasted potential.

In IB3 v1.0, there was a bug (or easter egg?) that permitted a Darkfire (500) gem at the potion master. For versions before 1.2 (Ausar Rising), it is well established that there is no gem recipe for a Darkfire gem. While it is possible that a Darkfire recipe does exist in v1.2, I think that you will need to slay a lot of dragons instead.

Feel free to prove me wrong.

Last edited by Avalokitty on Tue Jul 28, 2015 12:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 11:58 am 

Hey guys,

Does anyone know how to obtain the On Combo, continue combo gem? I have unlocked the super gem store and of course there is the merchant, but I have not come across this thing a single time.

Also, I think I want to forge a second darkfire gem (got the first one from the dragon). How do you go about forging the +400 capped elemental gems needed to make the +500 gems, which are then used to make the darkfire gem?

Any help would be appreciated!

Last edited by HotWingsFTW on Tue Jul 28, 2015 12:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 1:39 pm 
Site Admin

thrilos01 wrote:
TamL its worthless to upgrade rare elemental gems?I preffered to upgrade the rare darkfire gem!!

Also just wondering if i forge the rare fire,rare ice and rare water what is the result??A rare spectrum gem??(ib2) :)

As Avalokitty says the Darkfire is best but element gems can still be useful. Worst case scenario if you lost your darkfire in Deathless Mode, rare element gems are a great backup. Also i found the rare element gems I had already upgraded can't be used to upgrade the darkfire anyway, only capped element gems can be used to upgrade it.

Although rare element gems are cheaper to upgrade as Avalokitty mentions, the darkfire does increase a lot quicker than the rare element gems. 100 atttack per upgrade for rare element gems compared to 500 attack increase when the darkfire is upgraded. Basically I'm keeping the rare gems I already made and have been upgrading only my darkfire.

The recipe you mention was the way to get the spectrum attack in IB2, I haven't tried it for IB3. Avalokitty appears to be suggesting there may be a possibility of forging a darkfire gem in 1.2, so I think it will be worth trying that recipe out :D

Free gem removal is definitely an essential, like Avalokitty says, it saves a fortune in gold :P

@ HotWingsFTW I got my 5CC gems from the rare prize wheel and also the merchant ship.

It is not known for sure whether the recipe you suggest would make a darkfire gem. Currently it's only known that you can get them from Pisci. However it may be worth experimenting with the rare gems to see if they do make a darkfire. To get a capped 400 gem forge three lower gems of the same type together like 3 outdoor wind, 3 indoor water or 3 normal fire.

Last edited by TamL on Tue Jul 28, 2015 12:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 10:18 pm 

TamL wrote:
. . .
The recipe you mention was the way to get the spectrum attack in IB2, I haven't tried it for IB3. Avalokitty appears to be suggesting there may be a possibility of forging a darkfire gem in 1.2, so I think it will be worth trying that recipe out :D
. . .

Perhaps I should be clearer.

Chair has confirmed that there is no gem recipe for a Darkfire gem in the 1.1 Update. In 1.2, Pisci's reward gem can be upgraded so there must be way(s) to get more Darkfire; even if you started with a clean install after Dec 19. We know that you can get more by defeating Pisci again. We do not know if there are any other ways.

Personally, I think that the requirement of "ways to get more" is satisfied by re-defeating Pisci. If Pisci is the only source of Darkfire gems, then you must also kill the Worker at least once for each Darkfire gem (to reset access to wounded Pisci). This requires players to advance their progress - something the Chair would approve of.

So, that is my logic that there is no way to *forge* the gem. I may be wrong. If there is a way to forge Darkfire gems, then there are many people who would appreciate the discovery. The IB2 recipe would be a good place to start the search.

If there is sufficient outrage from players that Darkfire gems are too hard to build, then the 1.3 update may make it easier. (For example, Chair had no intentions to offer Spectrum Defence gems until players demanded it.)

Last edited by Avalokitty on Tue Jul 28, 2015 12:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 3:56 am 

update:the rare fire+rare ice+rare water formula doesn't work!!!
I think it's the same on rare shock+rare poison+rare wind formula!! :(

Last edited by thrilos01 on Tue Jul 28, 2015 12:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 4:55 am 

Does the 10 rare roots work in this version. I haven't tried it yet.

Last edited by Wannabe Warrior on Tue Jul 28, 2015 12:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 10:20 am 

Here is much of what we know about Darkfire gems in v1.2:

Darkfire gems cannot be created - not by old IB2 elemental recipes, nor by converting potions to gems. The only way to acquire a new Darkfire gem in 1.2 is by defeating Pisci.

At the Epic Games forum, it is theorized that, after you have defeated both Ba'el and Pisci, if then you compete in Deathless mode, neither dragon will reappear in *any* mode of the game. Players who have completed dozens of subsequent awakenings see no sign of either dragon in this circumstance. Hard to prove definitively that this is the rule, but it doesn't look promising that more Darkfire gems are to be assumed in v1.2.

As well, recall that defeating Ba'el more than once does not yield multiple fire attack gems. So even if we could face Pisci multiple times, there's no reason to assume she will reward with multiple Darkfire gems.

Once acquired from Pisci, the +1,000 Darkfire gem can be improved, as TamL shows in one of her great videos. Use any combination of any capped Indoor or Outdoor elemental gems (+750 value) and/or any capped Normal elemental gems (+400 value.) If you glitched +500 Darkfire gems during v1.04 (Soul Hunter expansion) they can be forged into the Pisci Darkfire, but it seems they cannot be improved on their own.

No other gems appear able to increase the Pisci Darkfire gem.

Last edited by Expl0der on Tue Jul 28, 2015 12:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 7:09 am 

I've read recipes that require a "capped" elemental gem. How do you forge one? I thought the obvious answer would be to just keep forging elemental gems of increasing power until you got the capped one, but is that true? If not, how do you obtain one?

Last edited by HotWingsFTW on Tue Jul 28, 2015 12:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 500 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 50  Next