TamLChannel.com
TamLChannel Forum • View topic - Deathless Mode

It is currently Wed Dec 13, 2017 5:40 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 287 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 29  Next
  Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Deathless Mode
PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 2:45 pm 
Site Admin

Chat here about all things involved with Deathless Mode.

Check this playlist for videos on Deathless Mode!

Last edited by TamL on Tue Jul 28, 2015 12:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Deathless Mode
PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 11:20 pm 

Has anybody thought what will happen to players that aren't good enough to get thru DM. When all the equipment is leveled to 10, that is it. Is there anybody in that boat besides (i m not there yet, but worried) me.?

Last edited by Wannabe Warrior on Tue Jul 28, 2015 12:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 11:51 am 

Wannabe Warrior wrote:
Has anybody thought what will happen to players that aren't good enough to get thru DM. When all the equipment is leveled to 10, that is it. Is there anybody in that boat besides (i m not there yet, but worried) me.?

No need to worry, man. I'm also deathly afraid of deathless mode (see what I did there?) and I resent the notion of losing my best gear and gems. However, there is no significant challenge to the game if it doesn't test your skills to the max, which deathless mode does pretty well. I almost have an entire set of level 10 gear with which I'll tackle deathless mode, and I'm looking forward to the challenge. I've started it and have yet to finish (waiting to upgrade everything first, coupled with the fact that there's some weird glitch that's preventing me from continuing the main, less challenging story), but the main tips I can give you are to have great gems equipped, make some useful potions, and make sure you're ready to do it. TamL actually has a deathless mode survival guide on YouTube and on this site (if I'm not mistaken), so those should serve you nicely. Hope I helped!

Last edited by HotWingsFTW on Tue Jul 28, 2015 12:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 1:10 pm 

Thanks for your comments and reassurance abt DM. I am at the same stage you are, getting level 10 equipment, etc. have watched TamL s Deathless guide many times. I am also using 1500 level Titan gems. That is helping. I will do light. I like dual better but for me it's harder.
Ps. Are you saying you can't get back to play your regular game? Is it a glitch that can be worked out? Hope so. Keep in contact please

Last edited by Wannabe Warrior on Tue Jul 28, 2015 12:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 1:51 pm 

Yeah, I'm not sure what the deal with that is. But it doesn't matter much at all because I think one of the other purposes of the main story is to prepare you for deathless mode anyway. I was probably going to stop playing through the main story at some point. Besides, once I beat DM, the game will likely restart the story, so that issue should be fixed. There are a few gems that are pretty essential to DM, including Titan break +2/3, rainbow defense, a darkfire/spectrum gem if you have one, on combo continue combo, etc. Of course, you could attempt it without these gems, but I can guarantee that the going will be much more painful. Like you, I prefer dual and plan on getting back to using it once I'm done with my fully upgraded Infinity Blade. But for now, light is good. Heavy does NOT do it for me; I get killed way too easily, especially since it's so hard to get used to there not being a dodge option with heavy weapons.

Last edited by HotWingsFTW on Tue Jul 28, 2015 12:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 3:00 pm 

I am waiting on the dark fire. Haven't killed the dragon yet. It is time I go to deathless, as you say the main game is to prepare for deathless. I need a harder challenge now. With TamL s help and the above mentioned gems any one can't go wrong
I play certain titans with heavy but only if I can parry nearly everything.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 5:36 pm 

Parrying is my ticket to survival in this game. For me it's the easiest way to avoid attacks; there's no exhaustion, like with dodges, or broken blocks when using a shield or heavy weapon.

Patiently waiting for gear to finish upgrading and to save up enough battle chips to get some rare gem wheels. There are quite a few I don't have yet. What levels are your Siris and Isa on?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 11:08 pm 

I parry mostly too. I remember IB 1 how hard it was for me to parry. This was the first game I ever played! I understand they have made 2 and 3 easier to parry. I see TamL parry downward x. I haven't tried that yet. I have a hard time with those women. They are so fast.
My Isa level is 201 awk, 126 and Sirus is 207 and awk. 118. When the first upgrade came out with boss perks(?) I went back 10 awakenings. Now I do ok. Cuz I watch TamL s vids!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 4:38 am 

Wow. You are considerably farther into this game than I am. My Isa is level 72 and Siris is level 75. So it seems like you would do far better in deathless mode than I would. And I agree, the female titans that wield a light weapon are an incessant pain. I always manage to get wrecked by at least one of their stepbacks. Speaking of which, the stepbacks in this game are pretty incredible.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 9:11 am 

You both are too cautious.
Don't let your fear get in the way of your game.

I have a save file in which I am half way through Deathless using characters that are just recently past Level 50. Our best equipment is Level 6. It is really hard to play Deathless at low level, especially as my gems are quite limited. But it is certainly possible.

Try this flowchart --

(1) Prepare your self. You want to be well rested, comfortable & ready. You may want to fight a battle or two to warm up. You may want to turn off your phone. You may want a coffee in reach between battles.
(2) Make a backup of your device before starting your next stage of Deathless. [Very Important!]
(3) Concentrate. Pay attention. *Try your absolute best*. Don't give in to your anger or your fear. [Also very important!]
(4a) Suppose you win. Backup your device again & celebrate. Relax.
Continue tomorrow.
(4b) Suppose you loose. Re-Equip. Go fight your loot fight.
(5a) Suppose you win. See 4a.
(5b) Suppose you loose. Are you tired & frustrated? Has your situation become impossible?
-->(no?) Buy back your gear. Return to 4b.
-->(yes?) Restore from backup. Relax. Start again tomorrow.

(6) Suppose you still cannot pass a level after trying for several days.
• Train some more.
• Build some bigger gems.
• Take your frustrations out on Pisci (& nab her Darkfire gem)
• Practice the step backs for your toughest opponent.
• Try another weapon style
• Read the forums & watch videos.
• Ask for help. (Be clear about what help you need)
• Take a video of where you are stuck. Study that video to see your mistakes.
• Close your game completely for a day or two & try again fresh.

(7) If this STILL doesn't get you through, ask for more ideas.

Please, don't let fear stop you. If you really cannot win, that is one thing -- restore your game & get better. But you may also find some hidden strengths.

Last edited by Avalokitty on Tue Jul 28, 2015 12:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 287 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 29  Next